First woman President of India Pratibha patil has once again set a new record by offering clemency to 30 coldblooded murderers and Rapists who were sentenced to death by supreme court of India, it seems as her presidential term is coming to an end she wants to leave a mark behind and wants to be remembered as goddess of mercy,
but let’s take a brief look on the issue and some of the cases who are given Presidential pardon by Pratibha Patil
· These 30 people who have been given clemency by pratibha patil were found guilty by the Supreme Court of India of barbarically murdering 60 peoples, and 22 of those victims were women and children.
· A person named Satish raped and brutally killed a six year old girl Vishakha and her brutalized body was found in sugarcane field after this guy raped and killed the innocent child in 2001
· Dharmender Singh and Narendra Yadav were granted clemency who killed 5 people of a family which includes two sons both 12 years old a 15 year old daughter who was also gang-raped before murder, and their parents.
· Six other people who are given clemency have killed 4 people, while three of the victims were beheaded and a 10 year old boy was thrown in fire and roasted alive.
· Piara Singh and his three sons who killed 17 peoples in a wedding party which includes four children
· Sushil Murmu was given clemency who was convicted for giving ‘bali’ of a nine-year-old-boy.
Isn’t it misuse of the power? Families of the victims have fought for years to get justice and we all know pathetic situation of our judicial system, and here is our president who isn’t answerable to any body and she is giving presidential pardon like “prasad” just to achieve the title of most merciful president of India,
but bitter truth is that such steps not only put a question-mark on our system but also demeans the verdict and judgment of Supreme court and strengthen the view that India is a banana republic, and most ironic part is nothing could be done about it.